Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Marshmallow Pops

Every year I love to make a sweet treat that my family can give to our neighbors as a Christmas gift. This year's sugary gift idea came from a brilliant friend who gave me many creative ideas to use for Christmas. I'm going to borrow one of her gems and show you how amazingly easy (and cheap)  it was to make.

What you need: 

1. Dipping Chocolate
2. Large Marshmallows
3. Sticks (I used shish kabob sticks that I already had)
4. Sprinkles 
5. Empty egg carton


First: I had to cut all of my shish kabob sticks in half so that they would be small enough to use.  

Second: Melt the chocolate in the microwave so that it is smooth and thin enough to dip. This takes about two minutes. Stir briskly.

Third: Mount the marshmallow onto the stick and dip.









Fourth: Top with the sprinkle of your choice.










Fifth: Place the stem of the Marshmallow Pop into the hole of the egg carton. Be sure to balance one on each side or the carton will tip. (I learned this the hard way :) After you get several pops made, place the carton in the freezer for two minutes. The Marshmallow Pops will be perfectly hard and you will have a free carton to continue using. 



Isn't it cute!














I was able to find these treat bags at Hobby Lobby on sale for $.99 and thought that they would be perfect for packaging up the goodies.











After they were packaged up I used wrapping labels to label each gift bag.  

I calculated the cost and time that it took to make these sweet gifts and found that it only took me 20 minutes to make a whole bag of marshmallows into pops and only cost me about $2.00!  I hope my neighbors love a good cup of hot chocolate and a Marshmallow Pop to stir, because they may be receiving these every Christmas!
Enjoy making your own batch of Marshmallow Pops!
Many blessings!
Joy

No comments: